Product Id: 19872456
Description: Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor 2 - Router - plug-in module - for ASR 1004, 1006
Mfr Part #: ASR1000-RP2=
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processors address the route-processing requirements of carrier-grade IP and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) packet infrastructures. Not only do they provide advanced routing capabilities, but they also monitor and manage the other components in the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Router.
- Provides USB port for compact flash memory support
- Offers built-in eUSB memory support
- Offers field-replaceable and hot-swappable capabilities to help ensure minimal service disruption
- Offers stratum-3 clock circuitry, BITS input and output
- Offers a portal for stateful firewall policy configuration and distribution to the ESP forwarding engine
- Negotiats and maintains IP Security (IPsec) authentication, encryption methods, and encryption keys
- Performs high-availability failover for redundant solutions
- Provides out-of-band system console and auxiliary ports, USB, and Ethernet ports for router configuration and maintenance
- Monitors and manages the power and temperature of system components such as line cards, power supplies, and fans
- Stratum-3 clock circuitry and BITS input ports
Stratum-3 clock circuitry and BITS input ports facilitate support of clocking for synchronous services such as SONET and SDH.
- USB compact flash support
USB ports allow for easier manageability for code storage, boot, configurations, logs, and so on.
Offers maximum investment protection and flexibility by allowing customers to upgrade to future Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processors.