Product Id: 19870712
Description: Fluke Networks Copper and Fiber Basic Technician's Kit - Network tester kit
Mfr Part #: MS2-FTK
The MicroScanner2 Cable Verifier presents a revolutionary change in voice, data, and video cable testing. It starts by taking results from what was four different test modes and displaying them all at once - graphical wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, cable ID, and far end device. What's more, its integrated RJ11, RJ45, and coax cable test ports support virtually any type of low-voltage cable testing with no need for awkward adapters. The end result is reduced test time and technician error. That makes high-quality installations more efficient than ever.
Today's communications technicians have a lot more problems to deal with than just the cabling. They have to rule out a whole host of potential cable and service issues before determining the cause of a connection problem. Is there telephone voltage? What's the polarity? Is there an Ethernet switch at the far end? Is PoE available? MicroScanner2 acknowledges this, giving technicians high power vision to verify today's most common voice, data, and video services. That means faster, more comprehensive troubleshooting.
As an IT professional responsible for managing a hybrid copper and fiber network, you have a challenging job. You are an on-the-spot problem-solver and are always planning for future enhancements, working with both copper and fiber to seamlessly upgrade the network to higher speeds while continuously troubleshooting and optimizing the current infrastructure. As your project requirements grow and your personnel and budgetary resources shrink, Fluke Networks Copper and Fiber Basic Technician's Kit (MS2-FTK) provides a robust set of tools to help you expertly manage your network to it keep it running smoothly - and inexpensively. The MS2-FTK has all the testing and troubleshooting instruments you need. Kit includes the MicroScanner2 cable verifier with main wiremap adapter (MS2-100), SimpliFiber Pro optical power meter with 850/1300 multimode source (FTK1000), SC power-meter adapter, (2) AA alkaline batteries, Carrying pouch, Instruction CD.
- Revolutionary interface---Graphical wiremap, length, cable ID, and distance to fault displayed on one screen.
- Multimedia support---Tests all common media types including RJ11, RJ45, Coax, with no need for adapters.
- IntelliTone toning---Locates virtually any cable or wire pair with IntelliTone digital and analog toning.
- VDV service detection---Verifies today's media services, including 10/100/1000 Ethernet, POTS, and PoE.
- Rugged housing---Integrated rubber holster enhances grip and makes it durable enough for the toughest jobs.
- Oversized display---Large, backlit LCD makes results crystal clear whether in bright sunshine or in a dark closet.
- Reduce test time and user error---Yesterday's cable verification testers force users to toggle between different modes (up to four) to view all test results. This not only slows the test process, but also causes user frustration and error. MicroScanner2 has defied this convention by displaying key test results - wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, cable ID, and far-end devices - all on one screen.
- Eliminate awkward test adapters---Tired of losing or breaking all the adapters needed for testing the various voice, data, and video media types MicroScanner2 makes the adapters things of the past with built-in RJ11, RJ45, and coax support. Both the main unit and the far-end identifiers can be used to test telephone jacks, Ethernet jacks, and CATV outlets right out of the box.
- Rule out service problems fast---Today's communications technicians have more problems to deal with than just the cabling. They have to rule out a whole host of cable and service issues before determining the cause of a connectivity problem.
- Locate elusive cables in seconds---MicroScanner2 features built-in IntelliTone digital and analog toning to precisely locate virtually any cable or wire pair, regardless of work environment. Use digital mode to locate high-grade data cabling in bundles, or at switches, patch panels, or wall outlets. Or, use analog mode on voice-grade cabling, as well as coax, security/alarm, and speaker wiring.
- Repair or replace tools less often---With all the abuse you put your tools through, you can't afford for them to be delicate. MicroScanner2 features a rubber wrap-around holster that makes it the right tool for even the toughest jobs. Toss it into your toolbox. Drop it from a ladder. It can handle it. Plus, it now comes standard with a vinyl carry pouch for enhanced protection and convenience.
- Verifies network cabling for functionality and correct installation
- Measures length, and performs wiremap test and remote ID location
- Tone generator produces 500KHz digital and 400KHz and 1KHz analog tones
- SimpliFiber Pro optical power meter with multimode light source measures power and loss using dual-wavelength testing, which simultaneously transmits 850 and 1300nm wavelengths for verification of cabling in multimode fiber networks
- Includes SimpliFiber Pro optical power meter kit and accessories (FTK1000)