Product Id: 19841235
Description: Seagate Momentus Laptop ST9160314AS - Hard drive - 160 GB - internal - 2.5" - SATA 3Gb/s - 5400 rpm - buffer: 8 MB
Mfr Part #: ST9160314AS
With fourth-generation perpendicular magnetic recording technology, the Seagate Momentus 5400.6 drive offers the best combination of capacity, mobility and durability in a laptop hard drive. The Momentus 5400.6 drive offers a fast SATA 3 Gb/s interface plus an 8-MB cache, making the drive ideal for mainstream laptops, workstations, gaming laptops and personal external storage.
- 8-MB cache delivers fast performance
- Robust design and high shock tolerance enable mobility in rugged operating environments
- 1000 Gs of non-operating shock make the drive ideal for notebook PCs and industrial applications
- Leverages Seagate laptop power management technology, delivering the lowest-power 5400-RPM laptop hard drive yet
- Utilizes ramp load features that remove the head from the disk during idle periods, improving idle power consumption and adding to the durability of the drive
- QuietStep technology enables ultra-quiet load/unload acoustics
- SATA 3Gb/s interface with Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Perpendicular recording technology
- High instantaneous data transfer rates
- Up to 1000 Gs of shock resistance
The Seagate Momentus 5400.6 drive offers the best combination of performance, capacity, mobility and durability in a laptop hard drive. Built with proven Seagate perpendicular recording technology and able to withstand up to 1000 Gs of shock, this highly reliable 2.5-inch drive is perfect for notebook or external storage applications.
- G-Force Protection Technology
When a laptop is dropped, the most catastrophic damage to the hard drive occurs when the head scrapes across the surface of the disk, causing potential data loss. G-Force Protection technology protects the hard drive against shock by sensing when the system is in a free-fall state, moving the heads off the platter and locking them in place. All this happens within three-tenths of a second when a change in acceleration equal to the force of gravity is sensed. G-Force Protection technology results in added durability and reliability during accidental drops.
- Market opportunity
Demand for drives for laptop computers continues to grow exponentially. The laptop transition is driven by technology, as the performance gap between desktops and laptop PCs continues to close, making it possible to run the same applications on a laptop that users would previously have run on a desktop. Users no longer have to sacrifice performance for mobility.