Product Id: 19754405
Description: Omnitron iConverter Gx AN Dual-Fiber - Fiber media converter - GigE - 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-T - RJ-45 / LC multi-mode - up to 550 m - 850 nm
Mfr Part #: 8506N-0
The iConverter Gx AN Media Converter is a managed media converter that provides 1000BASE-T UTP to 1000BASE-X fiber conversion between Gigabit networking devices.
The UTP port supports auto-negotiation or forced negotiation of duplex modes and pause capability while the fiber port supports both manual or auto-negotiation.
The iConverter Gx AN features user-selectable link fault detection modes, including Link Propagate, Link Segment and Remote Fault Detection. These Link Modes provide rapid fault detection and isolation by monitoring the state of the cabling hardware, and operate independently of the network management.
Fixed-fiber connectors are available with multimode (MM) dual fiber, single-mode (SM) dual fiber and single-mode single-fiber (SF) options. They support ST, SC, LC and MT-RJ connectors with distances up to 220/550m over MM fiber, 140km over SM fiber and 40km over SF. The Gx AN Small Form Pluggable (SFP) model supports a wide variety of 1000BASE-X SFP transceivers.
The iConverter Gx AN is available as a compact, unmanaged standalone unit or as a chassis managed plug-in module. The hot-swappable plug-in module can be mounted in a 19 or 5-Module chassis with any combination of redundant AC and DC power supplies. It can also be mounted in a 2-Module AC or DC powered chassis, or in a 1-Module chassis with AC or DC power input.
As a standalone unit, the Gx AN is available as a tabletop or wall-mount unit. The tabletop model can be DIN-rail mounted using an optional DIN-rail mounting kit. Both the tabletop and the wall-mount models are DC powered and are available with an external AC/DC power adapter or a terminal connector for DC power.
- The iConverter Gx AN is an IEEE 802.3ab compatible 1000BASE-T UTP to 1000BASE-X fiber converter
- Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers with optical statistics for standard or CWDM applications
- Fixed-fiber connectors available for multimode and single-mode dual fiber and single-mode single-fiber
- UTP auto or forced negotiation of duplex modes and pause capabilities
- Fiber port supports auto or manual negotiation
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- Management of the plug-in module is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port