Product Id: 19483391
Description: Brocade 815 - Host bus adapter - PCIe 2.0 x8 low profile - 8Gb Fibre Channel
Mfr Part #: BR-815-0010
The Brocade 815 8 Gbps Fiber Channel to PCIe Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) provide a new level of server connectivity through unmatched hardware capabilities and unique software configurability. This class of HBAs is designed to help IT organizations deploy and manage true end-to-end SAN services across next-generation data centers.
- Maximizes bus throughput with a Fiber Channel to PCIe 2.0a Gen2 (x8) bus interface with intelligent lane negotiation
- Maximizes I/O transfer rates with up to 500,000 IOPS per port at 8 Gbps and 1600 Mbps throughput in full-duplex mode
- Prioritizes traffic and minimizes network congestion with target rate limiting, frame-based prioritization, and 32 virtual channels per port with guaranteed QoS
- Enhances security with Fiber Channel-Security Protocol (FC-SP) for device authentication and hardware-based AES-GCM, ready for in-flight data encryption
- Supports virtualized environments with N Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) for 255 virtual ports
- Uniquely enables end-to-end (server-to-storage) management in Brocade DCF environments
- Strategic Data Center Fabric architecture
The Brocade Data Center Fabric (DCF) architecture provides a strategic framework to help simplify data center connectivity, optimize performance and scalability, and reduce cost and risk. It combines storage networking and server-to-server clustering into a converged infrastructure composed of Fiber Channel switches, directors, and backbones along with this class of HBA.
- End-to-end storage networking
As part of the Brocade DCF architecture, the Brocade 815 HBA laid the foundation for extending fabric intelligence to servers, virtual machines, applications, and services - enabling end-to-end storage network management. Organizations will be ready to extend traditional Brocade fabric technologies - such as port trunking, load balancing, authentication, and encryption - to the HBA and server level.
- Unified management
For local or remote management, Brocade provides Host Connectivity Manager (HCM) native GUI and CLI tools to configure and monitor its HBAs as part of a unified, end-to-end management strategy. Open APIs and standards-based interfaces are available for integration with popular third-party applications and higher-level frameworks to help orchestrate the underlying Brocade hardware infrastructure and SAN services.