Product Id: 19475225
Description: Black Box Programmable Sharing Device 8 - Concentrator - 8 ports - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: TL305A
The Programmable Sharing Device from Black Box enables multiple sync terminals or modems to access an IBM host via a single-host port connection. It provides local clocking for on-site setups or external clocking for remote applications. Configure it to disable "active" ports that haven't sent data for a predefined length of time or disable ports manually with the front-panel switches.
Flexible contention methods (RTS, DCD, or actual data signals) make the Programmable Sharing Device easy to use when the usual signals aren't available.
- Increases network efficiency
- Transparent to data
- Fully cascadable
- Individual subchannel enable/disable switches
- It also generates internal timing signals or gets its clocking externally from subchannels
- data rates up to 19.2 Kbps
- Synchronous and asynchronous data transmission