Product Id: 19472448
Description: Black Box Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver - Short-haul modem - serial RS-232, serial RS-422, serial RS-485 - terminal block / ST single-mode - up to 80.5 km - 1310 nm
Mfr Part #: MD650A-13
Use fiber instead of copper to send your RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 data - and do so without having to route it through protocol converters.
Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver Transceivers enable you to transmit and receive the signals over fiber optic cabling in both point-to-point or drop-and-repeat topologies. You can even mix protocols. For instance, you can set one transceiver to interface with an RS-232 device at one end and another to interface with an RS-485 device at the opposite end. There's no need for a converter box at either end of the fiber link!
Universal Fiber Optic Line Driver Transceivers also offer a wide range of speeds and distances - up to 50 miles (80.4 km) with the single-mode version.
- Communicate signals in a point-to-point or ring topology
- Ideal for fiber applications that use different interface protocols
- Extended ambient operating range
- Data-derived or RTS transmit/receive switching (RS-485)
- Indicator LEDS monitor signal and power
- End-to-end protocol conversion-no separate box is needed
- Speeds up to 10 Mbps for RS-422 and RS-485, 200-kbps for RS-232