Product Id: 19429378
Description: Omnitron iConverter - Modular expansion base
Mfr Part #: 8201-2
The 2U (3.5 inch) high iConverter 19-Module Chassis has triple redundant power supplies and can be mounted in a 19-inch or 23-inch rack. It is designed for Enterprise Local Area Network (LAN) and Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) applications where fault tolerance and a high-density rack footprint are essential.
Omnitron's exclusive triple-redundant power supplies operate in load-sharing mode to reduce the burden on each power supply to extend the lifetime and fault tolerance.
Power is provided to the nineteen iConverter modules installed in the chassis via the chassis backplane. When used with an iConverter management module, the management capabilities include the ability to monitor the voltage, current and temperature of each power supply. Any out-of-range violation can trigger an SNMP trap to allow quick corrective maintenance.
In addition to handling the power and management data for each iConverter module, the 19-Module Chassis backplane allows sharing of Ethernet data between the individual modules. iConverter modules that are installed in adjacent slots and equipped with Ethernet backplane ports have the ability to connect to each other via the chassis' Ethernet backplane and facilitate a variety of flexible network applications including unmanaged, out-of-band managed, in-band managed and multiport configurations.
The iConverter 19-Module Chassis is the ideal choice in the core of an enterprise, in a Central Office (CO) or for Point of Presence (POP) applications where reliability and space are critical.
- Supports 19-inch or 23-inch rack mounts
- Ethernet Backplane allows modules to share data to support a wide variety of network applications
- Up to 19 iConverter chassis can be linked and managed using a single IP address
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- Wide and extended temperature range models are available
- All iConverter modules are hot swappable when used with the 19-Module Chassis