Product Id: 18835549
Description: Seagate Enterprise Performance 15K HDD ST973452SS - Hard drive - 73.4 GB - internal - 2.5" - SAS 6Gb/s - 15000 rpm - buffer: 16 MB
Mfr Part #: ST973452SS
The 2.5-inch Seagate Savvio 15K.2 hard drive is the highest performing, greenest drive for enterprise storage systems and the only second-generation 15,000 RPM 2.5-inch drive. It provides the world's highest performance and reliability while delivering ultra-low power consumption and optional government-grade data security. The Savvio 15K.2 drive delivers more transactional performance density than any other drive, making this a best fit for high-end and mainstream server and external storage solutions.
- 115 percent improvement in system-level performance over 3.5-inch 15K drives
- PowerTrim technology dynamically reduces power up to 70 percent over comparable 3.5-inch 15K drives
- IOPS/W are 2.5 times better than comparable 3.5-inch Tier-1 drives
- 70 percent smaller size than 3.5-inch drives reduces overall system cooling costs
- Supports 6-Gb/s transfer rates and SAS 2.0 feature set
- Self-encrypting drive option provides government-grade data security
- Second-generation 2.5-inch 15K enterprise drive with field-proven reliability
- Fast and then some
The Seagate Savvio 15K.2 drive delivers more transactional performance density than any other drive in the world because it is the highest-performing, greenest drive available for enterprise storage systems. By enabling the use of more than twice the drives per the same rack configuration as 3.5-inch 15K drives, the 2.5-inch Savvio 15K.2 drive delivers more than twice the system performance. This is especially important in high-performance and blade servers demanding optimized RAID performance per U. Building on the Savvio line's industry-leading MTBF of 1.6 million hours, the Savvio 15K.2 drive provides outstanding second-generation reliability.
- Lower power requirements = lower costs
The Savvio 15K.2 drive with PowerTrim technology uses 67 percent less power than a 3.5-inch 15K drive for the lowest power profile of any highperformance 15K mission-critical, Tier-1 drive. It is 70 percent smaller than comparable 3.5-inch drives, which contributes to its lower power profile. This enables more system airflow, which results in lower cooling costs. The 2.5-inch drive advantages translate into reduced total cost of ownership to IT organizations and administrators who want to optimize their data center power and performance efficiency.
- Government-grade security available
Delivering on the Seagate commitment to add security features throughout its product portfolio, the Savvio 15K.2 drive is offered with Self- Encrypting Drive technology and will provide government-grade data-at-rest protection through its entire life cycle.