Product Id: 17734453
Description: Cisco Performance Routing Engine 4 - Router - ATM, Frame Relay - plug-in module - for Cisco 10008; uBR 10012
Mfr Part #: ESR-PRE4=
The Cisco 10000 series Performance Routing Engine 4 (PRE4) addresses the demand for increased performance, scalability, and Hierarchical Quality of Service (HQoS) to support diverse network-edge requirements for residential and business services markets.
Designed to meet requirements from service providers for high-capacity aggregation with sophisticated IP services, the Cisco 10000 series PRE4 uses the latest generation of the Cisco patented Parallel Express Forwarding (PXF) technology. PXF is a parallel multiprocessor architecture that enables deployment of multiple IP services while maintaining peak performance throughput. The PRE4 also supports the flexible Hierarchal Queuing Framework (HQF) available on the Cisco 10000 series routers. The HQF implementation on the PRE4 allows three levels (class, logical, and physical) of scheduling to apply queuing and shaping.
- Provides up to 10 million packets per second (mpps) of processing power for increased throughput
- Delivers Hierarchal Queuing Framework (HQF) for up to three levels of service granularity
- Supports increased bandwidth through link bonding connections between the PRE4 and Cisco 10000 series SPA Interface Processor (SIP)-600
- Delivers enhanced storage options for larger and more complex configurations
- Uses Cisco patented PXF technology to provide maximum IP service flexibility without performance impact
- Supports processor redundancy, helping enable 99.999-percent network uptime