Product Id: 17715666
Description: Gefen ex-tend-it DVI Detective - Emulation device
Mfr Part #: EXT-DVI-EDIDN
The DVI Detective is a unique and useful little device that reads and stores a computer's digital video information (EDID) in order to simplify the installation process for users who are extending a digital projector or plasma display away from the computer.
Once installed and connected, the DVI Detective continually transmits the EDID to the computer, essentially "tricking" the computer into thinking that the video is present, even when it is not connected. The user can disconnect the display, place it in a remote location and reconnect it, without rebooting the operating system. The entire installation process benefits from the DVI Detective, which utilizes a much smaller cable that requires fewer connections; it makes life easier for those extending digital displays or projectors. This is an inconspicuous device that weighs less than one pound. The Detective can connect to and ADC or DVI port with the use of an adapter. It works with all digital displays (DVI) as well as Apple's line of flat panel displays (ADC).
- Store EDID information for displays
- Use in conjunction with Gefen DVI extenders to eliminate the need for DDC CAT-5 lines in computer systems
- Keeps computer systems from deactivating inactive DVI ports
- No power required after initial programming
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200, 2K, and 3840 x 2400