Product Id: 17710926
Description: IOGear GICe720S3 - Storage controller - 2 Channel - SATA 3Gb/s low profile - 3 Gbit/s - PCIe x1
Mfr Part #: GICe720S3
The IOGEAR SATA 3Gbps Internal 2 Port Dual-Profile PCI-Express Card adds 2 internal SATA ports to your desktop computer. It is great for users who want to add SATA connectivity to their computers but do not want to buy a whole new computer. Devices commonly used with this host adapter are next generation hard drives, Blu-ray optical drives, HD-DVD drives and personal media drives. The dual profile design of this adapter makes it fit into low profile or standard cases.
This card is designed to work on the high-bandwidth PCI-Express interface, effectively quadrupling the amount of available computing bandwidth over the traditional PCI interface. This results in smoother streaming video, faster music sharing and lightning-fast access to mass-storage devices.
IOGEAR'S PCI-Express Cards support all Serial ATA features, including 3.0Gbps SATA transfer speeds, Native Command Queuing, port multipliers with FIS-based switching, programmable output signal swing strengths for longer external cables or extended backplanes, hot plugging, enclosure management and ATAPI device support.
- Supports 1-lane PCI Express bus (PCIe x1)
- Backward compatible to SATA 150
- Two independent Serial ATA channels to ensure maximum performance
- Dual profile allows use in low profile and standard cases
- Two pin headers for case LED connection
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ), port multiplier, hot-plug, and hot-swapping