Product Id: 17634754
Description: Tripp Lite 16-Port Cat5 IP KVM Switch Compact 1+1 User Rackmount TAA - KVM switch - PS/2 - CAT5 - 16 x KVM port(s) - 1 local user - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: B072-016-1-IP
Tripp Lite's B072-016-1-IP KVM Switch is the optimal solution for controlling up to 16 computers/servers locally, from across the room, down the street or around the globe on a network or the Internet.
This KVM switch can be accessed and controlled remotely, so there's no need to travel to the server room or network closet. A Java-based application allows access via web browser from any secure IP connection; a non-browser client that can bypass browser-related Java Security prompts is available.
The B072-016-1-IP uses inexpensive, user-supplied Cat5e/6/6a cabling with Server Interface Units (sold separately) so you can connect computers/servers located up to 100 ft. away from the switch. This switch features dual Ethernet ports; if one fails, the other takes over, keeping remote access uninterrupted. Users can switch easily between the 16 ports using an on-screen display (OSD), hotkey commands or a remote toolbar. Multi-level password protection prohibits unauthorized users from accessing connected computers, and a local user and a remote user can each log on and access different ports simultaneously.
Two serial ports allow control of serial-manageable devices such as IP PDUs, firewalls and routers; individual ports can be assigned to an IP PDU port to power on/off the server connected to that port. This KVM switch is compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems and it supports VGA video resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz. Heavy-duty steel housing stands up to frequent use.
Virtual Media allows an .iso file to be mounted to a target server and accessed as if it were stored directly on it. Virtual Media data transfer rates up to 12Mbps are supported when using a B078-101-USB2 Server Interface Unit. Other features include RADIUS and LDAP/S authentication, system-sent SNMP messaging and an event log that tracks logins, reboots and network setting changes.
Free NetCommander-AXS Management Software is available to access and control all of your Tripp Lite NetCommander IP KVM switches (B070 and B072 series). From a single interface, you can access server ports on any of your KVM switches, power cycle or power on/off outlets of IP PDUs and manage KVM settings. This software can be downloaded free of charge from the model support page for the B072-016-1-IP. Compliant with the Federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA) for GSA Schedule purchases.
- Mounts in a standard 19 in. rack
- Inexpensive Cat5e/6/6a cabling lets you locate servers up to 100 ft. from the switch
- Use a Server Interface Unit, B078-101-USB-1 (for USB) or B078-101-PS2 (for PS/2) with each server to be connected with Cat5 cable; use a B078-101-USB2 to support Virtual Media data transfer rates up to 12Mbps
- Control this KVM switch over IP: remote access means there’s no need to travel to the server room or network closet
- Java-based application allows access via web browser; a non-browser client that can bypass browser-related Java Security prompts is available
- 1 local + 1 remote user can access different ports concurrently; up to 5 users can share a single remote session
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
- Simplifies IT Tasks
- On-screen display, hot keys and remote toolbar for easy use
- Free NetCommander-AXS Management Software gives you remote access and control over all your Tripp Lite NetCommander IP KVM switches (B070 and B072 series)
- Video resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz are supported
- 2 serial ports allow control of serial-manageable devices such as IP PDUs, firewalls and routers; assign individual ports to an IP PDU port to power on/off the server connected to that port
- BIOS-level control of any brand and model server, regardless of the server’s condition and network connectivity
- Virtual Media allows an .iso file to be mounted to a target server and accessed as if it were directly stored on it
- Virtual Media data transfer rates up to 12Mbps are supported when using a B078-101-USB2 Server Interface Unit; a B078-101-USB-1 Server Interface Unit can be used for Virtual Media support, but only at speeds up to 1Mbps
- Fast Virtual Media KVM System patented under Pat. No. US 9,417,720
- System-sent messages to SNMP server notify you of network failures
- Supports RADIUS and LDAP/S authentication
- Log tracks events such as logins, reboots and network setting changes on your installation
- Advanced Security Features
- Multi-level password protection: create administrator accounts with full access and user accounts with limited access
- 128-bit SSL and HTTPS encryption for highest security standards
- You can install SSL certificates to ensure secure transactions between web servers and browsers
- Built to Last
- Flash-upgradable firmware over the network
- Heavy-duty steel housing stands up to frequent use
- Compliant with the Federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA) for GSA Schedule purchases