Product Id: 17541276
Description: Avocent ACS Advanced Console Server 5008 - Console server - 8 ports - 100Mb LAN, RS-232 - 1U
Mfr Part #: ACS5008-001
The ACS 5000 advanced console server offers IT professionals and network operations center (NOC) personnel the ability to perform secure, remote data center management and out-of-band management of IT assets from anywhere in the world. The ACS 5000 console server provides optimal performance, security and reliability. Combined with integrated power management, the ACS 5000 console server offers centralized management and a secure and consolidated out-of-band management solution.
- Secure in-band and out-of-band network remote management
- Integrated centralized administration
- Regulatory compliance and easy troubleshooting
- Power management - integrated power control
- Easy configuration and installation - auto discovery of host names
- Clustering - central access to multiple console servers
- Improved network monitoring
- Rack space savings - 1U form factor
- Decreased maintenance costs and enhanced productivity
The ACS 5000 console server helps maximize network and server availability with scalability and cost-effectiveness. Security features such as SSH v2, RADIUS authentication, IP filtering and user access lists per port allow data center managers and system administrators the ability to remotely manage the network and servers with greater control and reliability. Console management features such as data buffering, direct access methods to the serial ports (such as TCP port and server name) and event notification improve monitoring capabilities which allow faster problem solving and higher network uptime. The ACS 5000 console server decreases network maintenance costs and helps maximize IT asset productivity while providing scalability, making it the right choice for secure in-band and out-of-band management for medium to large enterprise data centers.