Product Id: 17351840
Description: Cisco Channelized T1/E1 and ISDN PRI Network Module - ISDN terminal adapter - expansion slot - ISDN PRI - 2.048 Mbps - T-1/E-1 - digital ports: 8 (128 channels) - for Cisco 3825, 3825 V3PN, 3845, 3845 V3PN, 3925, 3945
Mfr Part #: NM-8CE1T1-PRI=
The Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI Network Module's integrated channel service unit (CSU) provides direct connection to the telecommunications network, thus allowing customers to consolidate customer premises equipment (CPE). This provides multifunction dial access aggregation, routing functionality, VPN and firewall security, and other capabilities right inside the Cisco router in power branch office environments. Both the 1-port and 2-port versions offer support for balanced and unbalanced E1 connectivity and conform easily to customers' specific applications. The Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI Network Modules also supply connectivity for internal digital modems.
- Balanced or unbalanced E1 termination in the same module
- Integrated CSU/DSU per port
- Full or fractional E1/T1 - can be fully channlized
- Supports PRI for data, T1-CAS, and E1-CAS R2 signaling
- E1 unframed and framed modes available
- Interoperates with NM-xDM digital modem network module
- Bantam jacks for easy network monitoring
- V.54 loop back compatible
- Online insertion and removal (OIR) supported
- On-board expansion slot for technologies
- Enhanced flexibility
The Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI network module (NM-xCE1T1-PRI) is software configurable between E1 or T1 operation, balanced or unbalanced E1 termination, and CSU/DSU. In addition, the same modules provide for balanced (120-ohm) and unbalanced (75-ohm) E1 termination.
- Support for G.703 unstructured E1 signaling
International Telecommunications Union (ITU) signaling standard G.703 was previously available only on Cisco midrange routers through the VWIC-xFT-G.703 voice/WAN interface card, which did not support data PRI.
- Increased manageability and troubleshooting
Critical loop back support makes the Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI network module easy to manage. The Cisco E1/T1 ISDN PRI network module has the capability to internally loop back the on-board framer chip towards the interface.
Integrating the external E1/T1 terminating device (CSU/DSU) increases the overall system reliability. Possible points of failure are reduced by eliminating the power supply, additional fans, extra cabling, and other equipment that accompany a "two-box" solution.