Product Id: 17075358
Description: Quatech Perfomance Line DSPXP-100 - Serial adapter - ExpressCard - RS-232 x 2
Mfr Part #: DSPXP-100
The PCIe bus interface is the successor to the PCI bus, which in turn was the successor to the ISA bus to which built-in ports were originally attached. As such, the ExpressCard adapter design utilizes a PCIe-based design and can still directly use I/O space addresses and interrupts, thus more closely emulating built-in ports than can be done via USB-based design.
Moreover, because there's no USB stack for the drivers to contend with, throughput can be higher and latency will be lower (considerably so in many cases). Due to improved data transfer rate, the ExpressCard is considerably more efficient for multi-tasking operations. The PXP series support data rates of up to 921.6Kbps, which provides steady flow of data throughput.
- Adds 1, 2 or 4 high-speed serial ports; 1 true parallel port
- Support PCI express base specification revision 1.1a
- Installs in any ExpressCard slot
- Built-in 1024-byte FIFOs buffers increase data transmit/receive speed
- Baud rates up to 921.6kbps
- Hot plugging and hot swapping features
- High speed ExpressCard with plug-n-play