Product Id: 16984494
Description: Lantronix Device Server UDS1100 One Port Serial (RS232/ RS422/ RS485) to IP Ethernet, UL864 with Power Over Ethernet (PoE) - Device server - 100Mb LAN, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485
Mfr Part #: UD11000P0-01
Device networking is what powers M2M (machine to machine) communication. The UDS family of device servers enables users to connect, manage and control just about any piece of equipment with a serial port from virtually anywhere over Ethernet or the Internet.
With the UDS1100 Series, virtually any piece of equipment can be added to an Ethernet network in a matter of minutes! This single-port device server is a quick, simple and inexpensive way to bring the advantages of remote management to equipment not currently connected to a network.
- Network virtually any device in minutes
- Access, monitor and control equipment over Ethernet
- Replace dedicated PCs and/or modem lines with fast and reliable Ethernet networking
- Configure quickly and easily via HTTP, DHCP, Telnet, serial or Lantronix DeviceInstaller utility
- Supports RS232, RS422 and RS485 communications
- Environmentally-friendly RoHS and WEEE compliant
- Small enough to place almost anywhere
- Features TruPort Com port control technology (also see UDS2100)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) model available
- Meets the newest UL 864 9th Edition standards
- Extending serial to Ethernet communications across the globe
This approach to network-enabling devices is transparent to your attached equipment and software so you won't need to change the way you work. Using a method called serial tunneling, the UDS1100 encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. The built-in web server enables users to access and configure the UDS1100 from a standard web browser. Web pages enabling the UDS1100 to be customized for unique applications can be built using Lantronix development tools. Onboard flash memory provides room for future system software upgrades and maintenance-free, non-volatile web page storage.
- Easy to set up and use
The UDS1100 can be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely using a web browser.
- Modem replacement
In modem emulation mode, the UDS is used to replace dial-up modems. The unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port. It then establishes a network connection to the end device, leveraging network connections and bandwidth to eliminate dedicated modems and phone lines. The PoE version enables you to also take advantage of network connectivity in areas without power outlets.