Product Id: 16925007
Description: IMC Access Converter/3 Multi-port Media Converter - Switch - 3 x 10/100 + 1 x 100Base-FX - desktop
Mfr Part #: 852-10144
AccessConverter is a multiport fiber media converter, aggregating three 10/100 Ethernet devices into a 100Base-FX uplink. While typical Media Converters perform a conversion between one twisted pair interface and one fiber optic interface, the new AccessConverter offers three 10/100 ports that will connect to any 10Mbps or 100Mbps device. Having three ports instead of one will dramatically increase the application flexibility and reduce cost by 60%.
AccessConverter is the ideal solution for the LAN workgroup and Fiber-to-the-Premises applications, connecting and aggregating multiple devices, such as PCs, servers, printers and VoIP phones into a fiber optic cabling infrastructure. Providing plug-and-play operation, AccessConverter features 10/100 Auto-negotiation and AutoCross on the twisted pair ports.
The fixed-speed, 100Base-FX uplink port supports popular ST, SC and MT-RJ connectors and is available with multi-mode, single-mode and single-strand single-mode fiber types, providing fiber connectivity from 2km all the way up to 80km distances. The unit also includes a country-specific, external AC power adaptor.
- IEEE 802.3i 10Base-T
- IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX/FX
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Downlinks: three 10/100 twisted pair ports
- Uplink: one 100Base-FX or 10/100 twisted pair port
- Connectors: RJ-45 for twisted pair, and ST, SC or MT-RJ for fiber
- 50/125µm or 62.5/125µm multi-mode fiber cabling
- 9/125µm single-mode fiber cabling
- Automatic MDI-II/MDI-X
- Supports packets up to 1536 bytes
- Includes diagnostic and status LEDs