Product Id: 16754228
Description: Black Box 8-Port USB Hub - Serial adapter - USB - RS-232 x 8
Mfr Part #: IC1023A
Connect your non-USB serial peripherals to your USB bus.
Why install an internal serial adapter to get extra COM ports when using an external USB connection makes more sense? This USB Hub converts your serial RS-232 devices to USB-adaptable peripherals without sacrificing serial connection speeds.
The hub features high-speed UARTs with 128-byte FIFO transmit buffers and 384-byte FIFO receive buffers. It connects easily to peripheral serial devices in external plug-and-play fashion. Because it's hot-swappable, you can install it without having to power down your PC.
The hub comes with all necessary drivers, utilities, and help files for quick setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP operating systems. Simply load the included software drivers, then connect the hub to your USB port and an RS-232 serial device.
- Makes serial connections easy by putting your RS-232 peripherals on your PC's USB bus.
- No more internal serial adapters. Keep your serial peripheral connections on your PC's exterior.
- Supports USB version 1.1.
- Powered by the USB bus.
- RS-232 data rates up to 460.8 kbps.
- No I/O ports or IRQs required.
- Windows 98/Me/XP and Windows 2000 compatible.