Product Id: 16412194
Description: SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor - (v. 8) - license + 1 Year Maintenance - up to 250 elements - Win
Mfr Part #: 1246
Orion Network Performance Monitor is a comprehensive web-enabled fault, bandwidth and performance management platform, providing broad network visibility and monitoring in an extremely affordable solution that takes minutes to install and configure, is remarkably easy to use and yet scales to the size of almost any corporate network.
- Monitors and analyzes real-time, in-depth network performance metrics for routers, switches, servers, and any other SNMP-enabled devices
- Provides a highly intuitive, customizable web interface with point-and-click simplicity that supports multiple views by user and department, as well as cutting-edge map views and "top 10" views of your global network
- Gets you up and running in less than an hour with do-it-yourself deployment
- Enables advanced alerting for correlated events, sustained conditions, and complex combinations of device states
- Scales to accommodate growth and management needs with a hot standby engine, multiple polling engines, and additional web servers
- Extends management capabilities to NetFlow traffic analysis and monitoring of VoIP performance, wireless devices, applications and servers
- Leverages a universal device poller to monitor any SNMP-enabled device
- Performance and fault management
Orion NPM provides comprehensive performance, fault management, and network availability tools to ensure that your network is always running at peak performance. Via a web interface, Orion NPM gives you a unified view into the performance of thousands of nodes and interfaces on your network. From a single web page, you can monitor performance management metrics from any SNMP-enabled device, including routers, switches, firewalls, and servers. Commonly monitored metrics include bandwidth utilization, packet loss, latency, errors, discards, and quality of service. With Orion NPM, you get the information you need to quickly fix issues before your users ever have a chance to call the help desk.
- Do-it-yourself deployment
Deploying Orion NPM is a simple three-step process. First, install and configure Orion NPM using a simple wizard interface. Next, let Orion NPM automatically discover your network. Finally, begin monitoring your network for fault and performance issues. You'll be done in less than an hour. No consultants required. Even better, with Orion NPM's intuitive web interface, you won't need to attend training classes, read books with large animals on the cover, or pour through manuals to start being productive with Orion NPM from day one.
- Advanced alerting
Orion NPM enables you to quickly and easily configure powerful network alert engines to respond to hundreds of different network scenarios, including multiple condition checks. These network alerts help you recognize and correct issues before your users experience performance degradation or availability issues. With alerting support for correlated events and sustained conditions, Orion NPM ensures that you don't get paged at 3 am unless there is a critical issue. Additionally, Orion NPM can automatically escalate network alerts until a problem is resolved.
- Report writer
Orion NPM's advanced reporting engine enables you to quickly generate custom network reports that can be printed or viewed on the web. Shipping with 49 built-in reports, Orion NPM makes it easy to report on performance data over specific time periods or by network segment. A simple interface makes it easy to customize these built-in network reports and allows the creation of completely customized reports using SQL commands. Orion NPM's reports can even be modified to limit the information contained in the report by user profile, making it easy to generate reports for specific departments or recipients.
- Role-based access control
Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) allows you to establish unique accounts and specify which types of information are displayed within the Orion interface for a particular department, group, or user. This ensures that only the people who need to view specific information have access to it, providing an increased level of internal security. For example, Orion NPM can be configured so that the server team only sees the servers on the network, while the Texas IT group has a view limited to the geography for which they are responsible.