Product Id: 16343156
Description: TOAD Data Modeler - License - 1 seat - Win - English
Mfr Part #: DMA-CHW-PB
Many developers and database administrators require a data-modeling tool to help them effectively build and manage databases. The need to see how the database is structured, and it is common that a database is inherited, leaving the DBA or developer with little or no insight into its construction.
Quest Software's Toad Data Modeler helps organizations create, maintain and document their database systems with an easy-to-use graphical interface into new or existing database structures. Toad Data Modeler enables users to reverse engineer more than 20 different databases, design and generate SQL, create HTML or RTF reports, and generate data flow diagrams, in addition to versioning of database designs and creation of to-do lists.
- Great value for a fraction of the cost of other modeling tools
- Replaces multiple modeling and design tools needed in a cross-platform environment
- Saves the organization money by improving user productivity
- Facilitates effective database design of actual business requirements
- Saves the organization money by reducing the risk of faults making their way to production
- Reduces requirements and costs of training - short learning curve
- Compare and synchronize data structures
Compare and synchronize separate models, with complete visual representations of the key differences with intuitive, yet robust model compare and merge wizards.
- Generate alter scripts
Generate SQL scripts with "alter" commands to synchronize the data model and database.
- Reverse engineer
Redraw the database structure, insert the model into the internal version manager or generate new SQL (DDL) scripts.
- Version manager
Create projects, versions and revisions. Also, add logical and physical models, and other files (e.g. test files and image) to the projects.
Modify every object in the "scriptable" application. Toad Data Modeler is a highly-customizable program, adjusting to the organization's needs or requirements.
- On-screen editing
Select a database object from the physical model and simply change it on the screen for significant timesavings. Also, copy, cut and paste items such as attributes and columns, across objects and models. Standard Microsoft Windows drag-and-drop shortcuts can also be utilized.
- Customize the user interface
Save a favorite screen design by right-clicking on the screen and choosing "edit".