Product Id: 16343098
Description: Benchmark Factory for Databases - Database Edition - License - 1 seat, 100 virtual users - Win
Mfr Part #: DBE-BMF-PB
Benchmark Factory for Databases is a performance and code scalability-testing tool that simulates users and transactions on the database and replays production or synthetic workload in non-production environments. This enables organizations to validate database scalability as user loads increase, application changes are made, and platform changes are implemented. Benchmark Factory is available for Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL and other databases via ODBC connectivity.
Database load validation is a critical component of database performance management best practices. With Benchmark Factory, organizations reduce the amount of time spent troubleshooting production issues, so they can focus on implementing new applications.
- Reduce the impact on end users and prevent unnecessary downtime by simulating development environments
- Validate the performance of database applications by testing different user scenarios prior to deployment
- Withstand increased user loads and meet SLAs by testing database applications for scalability
- Minimize the risk of database upgrades, migration and platform changes by simulating production workload in test environments and identifying database breaking points
- Database workload generation
Understand future performance problems and do what-if analyzes using actual transaction workloads. Simulate real-world production loads by taking production or synthetic activity, and replaying it in test or development environments.
- Database code scalability testing
Evaluate how applications perform when deployed with real activity. Perform load tests on SQL scripts, PL/SQL, T-SQL code and stored procedures under different concurrent user configurations. Fix any code performance issues found before production deployment by integrating with SQL Optimizer.
- Industry-standard benchmark testing
Evaluate database scalability, test hardware/configurations and determine system throughput. Simulate real database application workloads using out-of-the-box, industry-standard benchmarks.
- Virtual user and transaction load simulation
Quantify application or server performance, determine system throughput and find database breaking points by propagating user and transaction workloads on the system under test. Each user and transaction acts as a separate, independent thread with its own connection and statistics, including run times and transactions per second.