Product Id: 15798220
Description: Perle IOLAN STS16 - Terminal server - 16 ports - 10Mb LAN, 100Mb LAN, GigE, RS-232 - 1U
Mfr Part #: 04030444
The IOLAN STS is the most advanced series of multi-port terminal servers available. Delivering the highest performance in a 1U form factor, an IOLAN STS terminal server offers robust security, flexibility and next generation IP technology, ideal for applications that require remote serial device communication, data capture or monitoring.
- IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility
- 400 Mhz 32 bit processor
- Data encryption over SSH, SSL or IPSec sessions
- Hardware encryption processor for optimal performance
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet support
- 1U rack form factor with flexible front or rear mounting
- COM or TTY port control and management for serial based applications
- Powerful authentication schemes prevent unauthorized access for console management applications
- Port buffering for data capture and analysis - local, SYSLOG, NFS or encrypted NFS
- Event notification via e-mail
- RFC 2217
- RoHS and WEEE compliant
- Flexible and reliable serial to Ethernet connections
An IOLAN STS is ideal for connecting serial based COM port, UDP or TCP socket based applications to remote devices. Perle's TruePort V5 re-director provides fixed TTY or COM ports to server based applications enabling communication with remote devices connected to Perle device servers either in encrypted or clear text modes. You can also tunnel serial data between devices across an IP network.
- Secure serial connectivity
IOLAN STS device servers enable administrators to securely access remote serial console ports on equipment such as PBX, servers, routers, network storage equipment and security appliances through an IP network. Sensitive information is protected through standard encryption tools such as Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Access by authorized users is assured via authentication schemes such as RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA Security's SecurID tokens.
- Advanced IP Technology
With support for Gigabit Ethernet and next generation IP (IPv6), an IOLAN STS provides organizations with the investment protection today to meet the compatibility needs of networks tomorrow.