Product Id: 15798214
Description: Perle IOLAN SDS8 - Device server - 8 ports - GigE, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 - 1U
Mfr Part #: 04030314
Delivering the highest performance in a 1U form factor, an IOLAN SDS8 offers robust security, flexibility and next generation IP (IPv6) technology, ideal for applications that require remote serial device communication, data capture or monitoring.
- TrueSerial delivers the most authentic serial connections across Ethernet
- Cryptographic modules meet US Government NIST compliancy
- 1U rack form factor with flexible front, rear or DIN rail mounting
- Indicators for network and serial interfaces for easy troubleshooting
- Plug and Play installation utility eliminates configuration hassles for all IOLANs on your IP network
- Advanced user authentication via RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA prevent unauthorized access
- Advanced event management using port buffering, Syslog, SNMP V3 and email event notification
- Advance management capabilities via a Windows Device Manager, HTTP, HTTPS/SSL/TLS, SSH and Telnet
- Share a serial port with multiple TCP or UDP servers
- Power over serial cable eliminates costs of a separate power installation
- Next generation IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility
- Routing protocols including PPP, SLIP/CSLIP, CIDR RIPV2, RIPV1
- 15 Kv ESD provides protection against electrostatic discharge and power surges
- Protective solid steel enclosure
- Java-free browser access to remote serial console ports via Telnet and SSH
- Ping watchdog probes enable customers to power cycle equipment with attached Perle RPS power switches in the event of an unresponsive networking gear
- Secure serial to Ethernet connectivity
The IOLAN SDS device server enables administrators to securely access remote serial console ports on equipment such as PBX, servers, routers, network storage equipment and security appliances through an IP network. Sensitive data such as credit card holder information is protected through standard encryption tools such as Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Access by authorized users is assured via authentication schemes such as RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA Security's SecurID tokens. By using encryption technologies, an IOLAN serial device server protects sensitive and confidential data from a serial device such as a credit card reader before being sent across a corporate Intranet or public Internet. For compatibility with peer encryption devices, all of the major encryption ciphers such as AES, 3DES, RC4, RC2 and CAST128 are fully supported. Recognized as the most secure method for communicating to remote private networks over the Internet, the IPSec standard provides robust authentication and encryption of IP packets at the network layer of the OSI model. As a standard it is ideal for multi-vendor interoperation within a network, providing flexibility and the ability to match the right solution for a particular application.
- IOLAN plug-ins
Backed with the experience of connecting hundreds of thousands of different devices to Ethernet over the years, using a Perle device server you can rest assured that virtually any device with a serial COM port will operate in conjunction with your desired application exactly as it did when you had it directly connected. If the unlikely event occurs that the Perle device server does not enable this out of the box, Perle will make it work. Perle IOLAN device servers utilize customer installable "device plug-ins" to successfully network devices where other solutions have failed. Perle provides "device plug-ins" for its customers every day. If you have a device that you are struggling attach to your network, contact Perle immediately.
- Advanced IP technology
With support for Next Generation IP (IPv6) the IOLAN range provides organizations with investment protection to meet this rapidly growing standard. Demand for IPv6, which is compatible with IPv4 addressing schemes, is driven by the need for more IP address. With the implementation and rollout of advanced cellular networks, a robust method is needed to handle the huge influx of IP addressable devices on the Internet. In fact, the US Department of Defense has mandated that all equipment purchased be IPv6 compatible. In addition, all major Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix and Solaris, as well as routers, have built-in support for IPv6. It is therefore important for end users and integrators to select networking equipment that incorporates the IPv6 standard. The IOLAN line with support for IPv6 already built in, is the best choice in serial to Ethernet technology.
- Flexible and reliable serial connections
An IOLAN SDS is capable of pseudo connections to servers via Telnet, Rlogin, UDP or TCP socket based applications to remote devices. Where a server's application needs to access a fixed TTY or COM ports, Perle's TruePort software supplied with each device server performs COM port redirection across IP networks to remote Perle device servers either in encrypted or clear text modes. Centralized control and management of multiple deployments is maintained through Perle's Device Manager software resulting in maximum uptime for your remote equipment. Protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges is provided on all IOLAN SDS models with its robust 15Kv ESD protection circuitry enabling organizations to utilize this solution in the field with confidence.