Product Id: 15657174
Description: Digi PortServer TS 4 P MEI - Device server - 4 ports - 10Mb LAN, 100Mb LAN, RS-232, PPP, RS-422, RS-485
Mfr Part #: 70001993
The PortServer TS P MEI Power Series makes it easy to connect RS-232/422/485 serial devices to an IP network. By supporting versatile powering options like powered Ethernet and powered serial, PortServer TS P MEI can adapt to many applications where traditional power alternatives are required.
Available in one-, two- and four-port versions, PortServer TS P MEI delivers universal, highperformance multiport serial-to-Ethernet connectivity. It is ideal for applications requiring COM ports, serial tunneling, or where TCP/UDP Socket functionality is needed. Digi's patented RealPort with encryption makes it possible to establish a connection between the host and networked serial device by creating a local COM or TTY port on the host computer, allowing software applications to work with networked device servers instead of requiring a host adapter.
PortServer TS P MEI offers flexible powering options over Ethernet and serial. Powered Ethernet (802.3af, mid-span only) makes it possible to run just one Ethernet cable to the device server for both power and communications. The powered serial feature enables PortServer TS P MEI to power a device over serial using Ring Indicator (RI) or DTR pins, or it can be powered itself using RI (Port 1 only). Each power feature is available in addition to a traditional power connector, and can serve as redundant power in case of an outage from either source.
PortServer TS P MEI is easy to install locally or remotely through a variety of IP addressing methods (DHCP, RARP, ARP-Ping) along with an application included on the installation CD that will automatically detect all PortServer TS P MEI devices on the network.
- Easily network-enable multiple serial devices
- RS-232/422/485 for simple interfacing to virtually any type of serial device
- Supports powered Ethernet or powered serial for versatile and redundant powering options
- Patented RealPort with encryption for COM or TTY port control and management
- Management and diagnostic utility for simple and efficient device monitoring and troubleshooting
- Modem emulation for easy integration and replacement of modems
- Secure communication via SSHv2
- Port buffering for data capture
- Easy configuration through web interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- SNMP for easy network management PPP for network enabling serial device
- Tunable for low latency or optimized throughput