Product Id: 15044352
Description: Fluke Networks CableIQ Qualification Tester - Network tester
Mfr Part #: CIQ-100
CableIQ is the first cabling bandwidth tester for network technicians. It gives even the most novice tech the vision to see what speeds existing cabling can support, quickly isolate cabling from network problems, and discover what is at the far end of any cable. That means network techs can close trouble tickets faster, reduce on-call time, and save money by better utilizing their existing infrastructure.
CableIQ's powerful troubleshooting capability and intuitive interface enable your frontline technicians to identify and troubleshoot a wider range of problems within your infrastructure. Is the port active? Are the duplex settings matched? Is it a network problem or a cable problem? Can the cable support the required network bandwidth? CableIQ is the only tool that can answer all these questions before trouble tickets are escalated to the next level reducing problem escalation by up to 30%.
- Bandwidth qualification---When you deploy Voice over IP (VoIP) or Gigabit Ethernet, you want to make sure that the existing cabling will support the bandwidth requirements of your new equipment. Your cabling was certified, but moves adds and changes have rendered many links incapable of running desired speeds. Tests if your existing network cabling has the bandwidth to support voice, 10/100, VoIP or Gigabit Ethernet.
- Cable Troubleshooting---Shows why existing network cabling cannot support the network's bandwidth requirement (e.g. crosstalk at 11 meters). Plug into any cable, patch panel, or wall jack and see both the cable details (length/wiremap) and far-end device details (speed/duplex settings) at once. A series of both cable and network test functions help you isolate connectivity problems. For instance, if Discover mode shows duplex settings are matched but the problem persists, run Autotest to see if the cabling can support the required bandwidth. If a link is not qualified, CableIQ provides detailed information on the nature and location of cabling performance faults such as crosstalk or large impedance changes. With CableIQ your techs can close trouble tickets faster by cutting cable troubleshooting time in half.
- Infrastructure Discovery---CableIQ's Discover mode shows you exactly what's at the end of any network cable and displays device configuration (speed/duplex/pairing). Determine where installed cables are routed, all from one location. Attach remote ID's in different locations, then perform multiple cable tests from the distribution center or wiring closet. CableIQ provides the wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, and remote ID number of each tested cabling link. At the switch, test each cable one at a time. You can quickly see whether the cable is open at the far end, or is connected to a PC. Free up 10% or more of your switch ports. Identifies unused switch ports that can be reallocated.
- Intelligent wiremap---Intelligent wiremap tests for length, shorts, split pairs, or opens and displays with an intuitive graphical interface where a fault is located. Graphically maps wiring configuration and shows distance to faults.
- IntelliTone Technology---Locate cables and wires with superior accuracy. CableIQ supports IntelliTone digital toning by: (1) Finding cables easier and tracing with better accuracy than any other tool on the market; (2) Toning and tracing safely on a live network; (3) Providing two digital tones and four analog tones; (4) Featuring IntelliTone cable mapping; after tracing, use the IntelliTone Pro Probe 200 to verify wiremap.
- Easy-to-use---Empower frontline techs with an easy-to-use tool. Intuitive user interface and graphical display guides user with little or no training required: (1) Rotary knob makes learning easy and operation simple you always know what test mode is selected; (2) Portable, lightweight, rugged ergonomic design for easy field use; (3) Four AA batteries - Long lasting battery life for several weeks of testing; (4) Remote adapter doubles as a protective endcap. Customer quote: "I handed CableIQ to our level III techs, they turned the unit on and began testing within two minutes of reviewing the various available selections."--Telecommunications Analyst
- Tests all copper cabling media: twisted-pair, coax, and audio cabling
- Cable qualification
Ensure your cabling systems are installed properly and will perform reliably - every time. As voice, data, and video technologies continue to converge onto one cabling infrastructure, residential builders and homeowners increasingly need assurance that structured wiring systems will support today's applications. CableIQ tests to confirm what speeds and technologies any residential cabling system will support. In just four seconds, you can see whether any existing or newly-installed cabling link will support voice, VoIP, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, or CATV.
- Complete residential cable testing and documentation
Until now, residential installers had no economical way to document cabling installation integrity. No documentation means installers are unfairly burdened with the responsibility for all claims, whether cabling-related or otherwise, even when problems are caused by other subcontractors. CableIQ allows installers to easily prove the quality of cabling systems upon installation, virtually eliminating callbacks and workmanship disputes.
- Intelligent wiremap
CableIQ's "intelligent wiremap" feature tests for length, shorts, split pairs, or open and displays with an intuitive graphical interface where a fault is located. Unlike other testers that just show a series of numbers for a wiremap, CableIQ displays an easy-to-read graph with distance to faults proportional to the cable length. It also identifies breaks and shorts by pin, rather than by pair. This dramatically reduces the time to locate and troubleshoot a poorly terminated jack, or a break in the middle of a cable.
- Telephone wire test
CableIQ's "multi-map" is a breakthrough feature for residential cable testing. Smart cable identifiers give CableIQ the unique ability to wiremap star wiring configurations often found in residential voice systems. Wiremap faults and ID number (up to seven) of any jack can be seen from the main unit, all at once.
- Coax cable testing
Now there's a multi-functional tester for all home cabling media. With the prominence of coax in the home, you need a tool that can quickly and easily test quality of coax cabling, and verify whether video outlets are live or not.
- Security wire testing
CableIQ's continuity toning feature cuts the guesswork out of installing and testing security wire. An intuitive graphical scale shows the resistance on any security wire segment. This is complimented by audible indication on the main unit, which can also be amplified by a tone probe when used at the far end.
- Speaker wire testing
CableIQ's speaker test emits up to 14 different tones to test connected speakers. Easily verify that speakers have been connected correctly by toggling between right and left, and changing the phasing.
- Intellitone technology
CableIQ's breakthrough IntelliTone digital signaling works with the IntelliTone pro probe to locate voice, data, and coax video cabling through up to two feet of sheetrock.
- Pays for itself in five avoided callbacks
Getting called back to jobs is expensive and time consuming. Bad cabling connections are the most common problem, resulting in more callbacks than anything else. CableIQ can virtually eliminate callbacks. The powerful return on investment is easy to see.
- Easy to use
Installers of all skills levels can begin using CableIQ with no training.