Product Id: 14699389
Description: APC SurgeArrest Essential - Surge protector - AC 120 V - output connectors: 6 - charcoal
Mfr Part #: P6B
The APC SurgeArrest Essential series represents the minimum level of surge protection that should be present on any of your computers and household electronics, with most models also providing surge protection for your phone lines. Its state of the art circuitry offers protection for sensitive electronic equipment against larger power surges and multiple surge events. Additional features like plentiful outlets, status indicator LEDs and more make this our best value for surge protection - our lifetime Equipment Protection Policy guarantees it.
- Lightning and Surge Protection. To prevent damage to your equipment from electric power surges and spikes
- Data-line Protection. Protection of data lines (Ethernet, Coaxial and Phone lines) ensures complete protection of your equipment from surges. It is very important to protect your equipment from “back door” electric surges traveling through data lines, as they can be as damaging to your equipment as surges traveling over power lines
- Fail Safe Mode. Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to future surges. APC's SurgeArrest fail safe, which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment
- Resettable circuit breaker. Easy recovery from overloads; no need to replace a fuse
- Status Indicator LED's
LED status indicators for each phase and an audible alarm provide immediate failure notification when surge suppression circuitry has been damaged by a heavy strike or surge
- Transformer Block Spacing
Connect bulky transformer block plugs without covering up other outlets
- IEEE let-through rating and UL 1449 compliance
The 'Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' (IEEE) Let-Through Voltage rating is based on a test that subjects a Surge Protector to a 6,000 volt spike. The rating equates to the amount of excess voltage that reaches connected equipment. The lower the number, the better the performance of the Surge Protector is. Underwriter's Laboratory's UL1449 surge protection safety standard uses these ratings to help users gauge performance. UL's best Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS) Let-Through Voltage rating is "300V"