Product Id: 14543833
Description: Fluke Networks IntelliTone Pro 200 Probe - Probe
Mfr Part #: MT-8200-63A
Every day, cabling installers and network technicians deal with the shortcomings of cable location tools based on 40-year-old technology. The Fluke Networks IntelliTone Pro 200 Probe detects IntelliTone digital signals, rejecting noise and false signals, to locate and trace data cabling on active networks. It detects 500 to 1200 Hz analog signals to isolate individual wire pairs and trace voice, audio, and video cabling on inactive networks. The probe detects signals at cable racks, in patch panels, and even behind walls, and identifies detected signals audibly and with eight LEDs that light successively as the signal strength increases for prompt isolation of a single cable within a bundle. Its CableMap function allows it to validate RJ11 and RJ45 connectors by testing continuity and finding short circuits, open circuits, and crossed-pair wiring faults on all four pairs of UTP and STP twisted pair cabling. RJ11 and RJ45 jacks plug into a port on the bottom of the probe. A sync LED shows battery strength at power-up and confirms reception of IntelliTone signals. The probe turns off automatically after one hour of inactivity. Tone probes are used by network technicians to troubleshoot and maintain wires and cable in telephone and data networks.
You get cutting-edge digital and analog cable locating technologies that are as advanced as the systems you work with. IntelliTone is a breakthrough solution - and the only solution - that locates and isolates the most elusive, hidden or bundled voice, data and video cables and wire pairs quickly and reliably - even on active networks.
- Eliminates confusion over cable location; decisively rejects noise and false signals
- Locates the correct cable bundle
- Isolates a cable within the bundle, despite cable bleed
- Verifies twisted-pair installation with visual end-to-end continuity test (opens, shorts and reversed pairs)
- Identifies individual wire pairs with new SmartTone analog toning
- Simplifies signal interpretation in noisy environments with multiple LED indicators
- Locate cables quickly and easily---Fluke Networks has applied decades of cable test engineering expertise to the science of locating copper cables. The result is what we call IntelliTone technology – a digital signal-toning and signal-interpreting process that rapidly zeroes in on cables.
- Locate hidden cables----One of the toughest, most time-consuming parts of locating a cable has been in tracing its path amidst multiple cables and bundles in wiring closets. The IntelliTone digital signal features a LOCATE tone that provides maximum radiation, allowing you to quickly locate hidden and hard-to-find cabling.
- Isolate the right cable or pair – fast---Cabling installations have become increasingly complex, which has made cabling increasingly difficult to locate with traditional technologies. When cables are run together for even short lengths, a signal from one can bleed over to another. One cable might carry the original signal; other cables might carry the signal as a result of bleed. Isolating cables with traditional tools requires guesswork, training, time for repeated testing – and even the best efforts often result in mistakes. IntelliTone Pro provides two cutting-edge technologies to isolate cables or wire pairs: Digital mode can be used to isolate twisted-pair cables on a switch or within a bundle; SmartTone analog mode can be used to isolate wire pairs at an unterminated outlet.
- Overcome noise – and save hours of time---Fluorescent lights, machinery, computer monitors and electrical wiring all produce noise that slows down cable location. Together, the IntelliTone Pro Toner’s synchronized digital signal and the IntelliTone Pro Probe’s microprocessor controlled signal identification technology reject noise and false signals to clearly identify cable location. This can save you hours every week on cable location projects.
- Tone on live networks safely and effectively---Modern network devices use common mode termination for cables connected to their ports. This reduces noise and crosstalk in the cable; but it can also absorb a traditional toner signal. Unlike traditional signals, the IntelliTone digital signal stays strong despite common mode termination. And the IntelliTone Pro 200 LAN Toner automates toning individual cable conductors, making it quick, efficient and safe to locate cables on active networks.
- Verify conductor continuity with cablemap---Eliminate callbacks during cabling moves, adds and changes with the powerful diagnostic capabilities of IntelliTone Pro 200 LAN. The IntelliTone Pro 200 Probe features a Cablemap capability that identifies common cable miswires in twisted pair cabling. IntelliTone technology automates the testing of each conductor for end-to-end continuity; LED lights and tones clearly indicate miswires.