Product Id: 14131044
Description: Digi CM 32 - Console server - 32 ports - RS-232, PPP - 1U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: 70001908
The next generation, Digi CM, is an embedded Linux OS console management device that provides simple and easy to use secure console port management for Sun servers, routers and switches in a 1U rack-mountable solution. The Digi CM delivers all the console management features you expect. Simple installation and an easy to use WebUI make it the ideal solution for demanding system administrators.
In addition to the console management functions, which allow system administrators to securely monitor and control IT equipment over Ethernet LANs or dial-up modem connections, the Digi CM incorporates a PC card slot to support a variety of applications. A Flash memory card can be used to store logs and configuration files. A modem card can be used to dial in to the Digi CM, independent of the network, saving space in a rack environment.
Secure clustering on the Digi CM allows encrypted access of up to 512 devices connected to multiple master or slave Digi CMs. Digi's enhanced Web-based GUI provides a simple and easy way to find the information you need, providing visibility to all ports on one screen with point and click capability. Cabling is simplified. Digi CM RJ-45 8-pin configuration matches all Sun and Cisco RJ-45 console port configurations, allowing administrators to use CAT 5 cabling without pinout concerns.
- TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP, Kerberos, local user database provide centralized authentication
- SSH v2 ensures secure access
- Secure clustering allows multi-server access via one IP address
- Port buffering/logging for easy troubleshooting
- Straight-through CAT5 cabling for easy, hassle-free server connections
- PC card slot for increased fash, or additional Ethernet/modem connection
- Email/pager alerts and SNMP traps