The following is a message from Thai Lee, SHI President and CEO
As SHI continues to monitor the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to again emphasize that our top priority continues to be the safety and health of all employees, customers and partners as well as that of their extended families and communities. That is why SHI has recently taken the following steps:
- Our three current locations in Austin, TX are closed through April 30, 2020 and all Austin-based employees have been asked to work from home until further notice. All facilities have been professionally disinfected after SHI received confirmation that a visitor to one of our facilities has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Considerations are being made to adjust the timelines of our scheduled physical move to SHI Austin's new home at Garza Ranch. Adjusted timelines will be shared with all employees, customers and partners when appropriate.
- SHI Canada office will remain closed until April 16, 2020 — Canadian staff are instructed to work from home until then. However, given the fluidity of this situation Ontario provincial officials will continue to reassess the timeline. SHI's Singapore office is closed through May 4, 2020, and the Hong Kong office remains closed until further notice. SHI France is currently closed through April 15, 2020, pending updates and guidance from government officials. All other essential SHI facilities (excluding Austin, TX) remain open. However, to match the stay-at-home policies mandated by local jurisdictions — work-from-home policies have been instituted through April 13, 2020 in in Milton Keynes, UK and through April 30, 2020 in Austin and the tri-state area (NJ, CT & NY). Any SHI employee whose job function allows him or her to work from home may do so. We will continue to monitor the situation daily and could extend this work from home policy.
- Employees with children attending schools or daycare that are closed will be permitted to work from home for the duration of the closure, whenever possible.
- SHI's Warehouse and Integration Centers are open and will continue to fulfill customer orders. Employees and managers at both sites are taking all possible precautions to limit exposure.
Thank you to ALL SHI employees!
Measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 are impacting our world in unprecedented ways and with startling speed. While SHI has always taken pride in our ability to adapt and innovate quickly, this global pandemic has SHI implementing "something we've never tried before" on a near-daily basis. Enacting new policies and procedures well - at record speed - requires an organization of extremely dedicated professionals who remain committed to helping colleagues, customers and partners overcome the same business, technical and personal hurdles facing us all today.
I am extremely grateful to be surrounded by the amazing employees of SHI. Knowing how COVID-19 has impacted the everyday lives of all of us and our families, I cannot thank you enough for the continued world-class support you provide to our customers, our partners and to each other, every single day. It is my hope that you all stay healthy and safe throughout the worst of this pandemic and beyond.
Thank you for all that you do!